Most notable for their high metabolism and small frame the Ectomorph does not accumulate fat very easily. That said they also do not easily gain muscle mass either so though some might find themselves envious of these individuals it does come with a price.
People with this body type have to train harder and eat more to counteract an intense metabolic rate. Essential these individuals can eat everything in sight without gaining a pound but this is not ideal for bodybuilding so certain measures must be taken in order to get the desired results.
- Drink Lots of Milk – liquid protein synthesizes quickly
- Focus On Carbohydrates – 50% to 60% of your daily sustenance
- Increase Caloric Intake – larger portions or several small meals
- Consume High-Density Foods – peanut butter, pasta, potatoes, rice, beans
- Drink or Eat Protein Supplements – rich in high-quality protein
- Indulge Yourself – enjoy eating food that is not necessarily healthy in moderation
One thing about being ectomorphic is there is not as strong a focus on counting calories since food is metabolized faster, fat production is low while accumulating very slowly. Enjoy this part of your high metabolism because there are many people who must struggle to watch what they eat and miss out on lots of good food.
- Lift Heavy – using heavier weights will help focus on mass
- Repetitions – this should range from 5 to 10 reps
- Resting – since you are lifting heavy rest longer to regain more energy
- Compound Lifting – lifts that utilize a large range of movement; bench press, squats, pull-ups
- Avoid Cardio – burning more calories is not recommended
- High-Intensity Interval Training – cardio that burns fewer calories
These tips will help improve the efficiency of your workouts to help you reach your goals with less difficulty. Taking longer rests will compensate for lifting heavier weight so you can get the most from your workouts.
It may be harder for an ectomorph to gain muscle but with the help of these suggestions, these obstacles can be overcome.
Stay diligent, dedicated and focused on what you hope to achieve and with hard work and plenty of effort you will see the transformation you seek happen sooner.
Since you are going to be training harder it cannot be emphasized enough about the importance of maintaining your daily rate of food consumption which especially important since your body already burns fat faster and puts on muscle slower.
In men, the pituitary gland stimulates the production and secretion of a human growth hormone from the testis called testosterone. It is important in the development of male sex...
You might be wondering, what are the best vitamins to take for athletes? Some people try to enhance performance with antioxidant supplements. There are usually 3 types of vitamins mixed, such...
The Creative home muscle workout ideas We all need somewhere to train that suits our wishes. While most people visit gyms, fitness centers and sports clubs for their muscle...
Eating To Lose Weight, When trying to burn fat and shed unwanted pounds a healthy, balanced diet is essential and can do wonders. If you are looking to slim...
An effective weight management program also requires that you take care of the endocrine system of your body. The proper endocrine system rule is very important for a weight...