Calisthenics consists of a variety of exercises. These exercises are rhythmical and rarely use the equipment. Your body weight is the only resistance that is used with the intention of increasing strength and flexibility.
Often sports teams or military units use this type of exercise to give a feeling of cohesion among the group as well as discipline.
Calisthenics is also used by sports teams to warm up before sporting events to prevent injury. Stretching is a huge part of calisthenics to help build lean muscle and increase flexibility as well as balance and coordination.
Benefits of Calisthenics
- Increased Flexibility – Improved Motility with Bending, Jumping, Swinging, Twisting, and Kicking
- Muscular and Cardiovascular Fitness – Enhanced Muscle Endurance and Cardiovascular Function
- Improved Balance – Strengthens Muscles To Aid In Stabilization And Promotes Better Posture
- Enhanced Agility – Increases Your Speed and Accuracy of Physical Performance
- Develops Coordination – Attunes Independent Body Movements for Smoother, More Efficient Cooperation
- Better Muscular Tone – Augmented Muscle Definition for Improved Shape and Appearance
- Lunges and Squats
- Sit-Ups, Crunches, and Planks
- Push-ups and Pull-ups
- Jumping-Jacks and Stretching
Increases Strength and Muscle Tone
Calisthenics not only increases the strength of muscles but firms and tones the muscles too. The muscles are strengthened by the resistance that is caused by body weight and repetitive exercises.
The muscles are toned also by the repetitive exercises and stretches that take place with performing calisthenics.
The muscles are allowed to be warmed up during stretches and then worked out by doing the techniques that are listed above, as well as others.
The improved balance, agility, and coordination that is achieved by these techniques also lead to stronger muscles.
Stretching also leads to lean muscle mass. Instead of bulking up, like you would by lifting heavy weights, muscles are allowed to be stretched and tone without adding tons of muscle mass.
Is There an Isagenix Scam Going On? My Opinion and Isagenix Review… You probably found this site while doing a web search for ‘Isagenix scam’, ‘Isagenix review’, or ‘Isagenix...
Top-Rated Gynecomastia Pills Of The Year Knowing which is the best gynecomastia pills is an impossible task, especially since choosing the wrong one can impact your overall health and well-being....
Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) is found naturally in food, although the total CLA content varies. 1995 CLA is a modified isomer of linoleic acid that was introduced to the...
The clinical study of taking amino acid in the human body! Does it work? And, how important is? Amino Acid Tests for young adults Scientists do research on young...
Free weight training is being utilized by bodybuilders as a way to increase mass, and shape of their muscles as well as target more muscle groups during lifting. Free...