Calisthenics consists of a variety of exercises. These exercises are rhythmical and rarely use the equipment. Your body weight is the only resistance that is used with the intention of increasing strength and flexibility.
Often sports teams or military units use this type of exercise to give a feeling of cohesion among the group as well as discipline.
Calisthenics is also used by sports teams to warm up before sporting events to prevent injury. Stretching is a huge part of calisthenics to help build lean muscle and increase flexibility as well as balance and coordination.
Benefits of Calisthenics
- Increased Flexibility – Improved Motility with Bending, Jumping, Swinging, Twisting, and Kicking
- Muscular and Cardiovascular Fitness – Enhanced Muscle Endurance and Cardiovascular Function
- Improved Balance – Strengthens Muscles To Aid In Stabilization And Promotes Better Posture
- Enhanced Agility – Increases Your Speed and Accuracy of Physical Performance
- Develops Coordination – Attunes Independent Body Movements for Smoother, More Efficient Cooperation
- Better Muscular Tone – Augmented Muscle Definition for Improved Shape and Appearance
- Lunges and Squats
- Sit-Ups, Crunches, and Planks
- Push-ups and Pull-ups
- Jumping-Jacks and Stretching
Increases Strength and Muscle Tone
Calisthenics not only increases the strength of muscles but firms and tones the muscles too. The muscles are strengthened by the resistance that is caused by body weight and repetitive exercises.
The muscles are toned also by the repetitive exercises and stretches that take place with performing calisthenics.
The muscles are allowed to be warmed up during stretches and then worked out by doing the techniques that are listed above, as well as others.
The improved balance, agility, and coordination that is achieved by these techniques also lead to stronger muscles.
Stretching also leads to lean muscle mass. Instead of bulking up, like you would by lifting heavy weights, muscles are allowed to be stretched and tone without adding tons of muscle mass.
Vitamins and minerals are vital to life and to the optimum functioning of our bodies. We need the correct nutrients to fight illnesses, boost our immune system, slow aging...
Are you sure want to buy Dianabol online? What if I tell you there are natural ways to transform your average body to a greek-god muscle in just 2...
You may be already heard about the Synthesis of Creatine. If so, did you know it contained amino acid? Let’s figure out! During the early 20th century it was...
Do Hydroxycitric Acid (HCA / Garcinia Cambogia) can lose weight efficiently? The conversion of carbohydrate to fat requires that pyruvate is oxidized to acetyl-CoA. This oxidative process occurs within...
In men, the pituitary gland stimulates the production and secretion of a human growth hormone from the testis called testosterone. It is important in the development of male sex...