Calisthenics consists of a variety of exercises. These exercises are rhythmical and rarely use the equipment. Your body weight is the only resistance that is used with the intention of increasing strength and flexibility.
Often sports teams or military units use this type of exercise to give a feeling of cohesion among the group as well as discipline.
Calisthenics is also used by sports teams to warm up before sporting events to prevent injury. Stretching is a huge part of calisthenics to help build lean muscle and increase flexibility as well as balance and coordination.
Benefits of Calisthenics
- Increased Flexibility – Improved Motility with Bending, Jumping, Swinging, Twisting, and Kicking
- Muscular and Cardiovascular Fitness – Enhanced Muscle Endurance and Cardiovascular Function
- Improved Balance – Strengthens Muscles To Aid In Stabilization And Promotes Better Posture
- Enhanced Agility – Increases Your Speed and Accuracy of Physical Performance
- Develops Coordination – Attunes Independent Body Movements for Smoother, More Efficient Cooperation
- Better Muscular Tone – Augmented Muscle Definition for Improved Shape and Appearance
- Lunges and Squats
- Sit-Ups, Crunches, and Planks
- Push-ups and Pull-ups
- Jumping-Jacks and Stretching
Increases Strength and Muscle Tone
Calisthenics not only increases the strength of muscles but firms and tones the muscles too. The muscles are strengthened by the resistance that is caused by body weight and repetitive exercises.
The muscles are toned also by the repetitive exercises and stretches that take place with performing calisthenics.
The muscles are allowed to be warmed up during stretches and then worked out by doing the techniques that are listed above, as well as others.
The improved balance, agility, and coordination that is achieved by these techniques also lead to stronger muscles.
Stretching also leads to lean muscle mass. Instead of bulking up, like you would by lifting heavy weights, muscles are allowed to be stretched and tone without adding tons of muscle mass.
Dwindling testosterone levels is a worry to most individuals particularly for a person who is trying hard to get that well tone body. Luckily, there actually testosterone supplements booster in...
Sport supplements contain amino acids improve endurance? Before in-depth explanation about the amino acids improve endurance and power! What athlete are you? Athletic, runners, cyclists, swimmers, bodybuilders, or a regular...
Gynexin: Gynecomastia Treatment – Natural Pills For Gynecomastia Gynexin boasts a complete 100% Money Back Guarantee for individuals who don’t see the same results as 97% of others shown...
Implementing a healthy living regimen into your life can be a challenge. However, you can give yourself an advantage by learning more about how the body works in order...
A peptide that acts similar to Cyclo (His-Pro) is Enterostatin or APGPR. Enterostatin is a pentapeptide that has been shown to be selective in inhibiting fat intake. It is formed...